How We Use Your Data
If you have any questions in relation to this policy or generally how your personal data is processed by us, please contact us.
This policy applies to any personal data that we collect about you when you:
- visit our website;
- purchase products from us;
- contact us, for example by telephone, email, post or through submitting a form on our websites.
Who We Are
www.realclobber.com is owned by Real Clobber Ltd 09584752 and operates in the UK.
The brands and data controllers listed above Real Clobber Ltd may send you marketing messages by email, SMS, social media and post; about us and our products; where you have not unsubscribed and where you have purchased similar products and/or services from that brand or entity, or where you have otherwise signed up, or consented, to receive marketing messages from a brand or entity.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to processing of this nature at any time by contacting us.
What Information Do We Collect About You?
If you have an account with us or make a purchase online with us, or enter a competition or respond to a survey with us, we collect your name and contact details (including your address, telephone number, details about your order, and your billing information (where you are purchasing products)).
Each time you visit one of our websites, we will also automatically collect information and personal data about your computer for system administration including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. We do this to help us analyse how users use the websites (including behaviour patterns and the tracking of visits across multiple devices), to establish more about our website users and to assist us in managing your account and improving your online experience. We also collect information about your activities on our websites, for example what device you are using and what posts you are looking at.
Where Do We Get This Information From?
We collect some of your information directly from you, either through information that you give to us or information that we collect during your visits to our websites, or through your communications with us.
- Information that you give us; You may share personal data about yourself with us by:·filling in forms on our websites, including when you purchase products online, submit queries to us, create an account on one of our websites and/or sign up to receive promotional material and newsletters;·responding to a survey or entering a competition with us;·giving us information about yourself in any communication with us, either by telephone, e-mail, post or otherwise, either in connection with your account, purchases, or to report a complaint or issue.You are not obliged to provide your personal data to us. However, if you do not provide your personal data to us, we may not be able to fulfil your order or provide other services to you or respond to your queries.
- Information that we collect about you; We collect personal data about you:· when you visit our websites, including details of your visits to our websites including, but not limited to, Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, MAC addresses, traffic data, location data, your login information, time-zone setting browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, weblogs, cookies and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
Why Do We Need Your Information?
The main purpose for which we use your information is to provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you. We may send you marketing information by email.
Basis For Using Your Information
Compliance with legal obligations; As a limited company there are certain laws we need to comply with. In particular, we will need to process your personal information to verify your identity and for fraud and crime prevention purposes. Failure to provide the requisite personal information on sign-up / as you use our websites, may mean we cannot provide our products to you, as to allow you to purchase our products may mean we may be in breach of our legal obligations. You will not be able to object to processing or ask for the deletion of your personal information insofar as it falls under this category.
Legitimate business interests; We are required to carry out a balancing test of our legitimate business interests in using your personal data outlined above against your interests and rights under the Data Protection Laws and regulations in the relevant territory. As a result of our balancing test, which is detailed below, we have determined, acting reasonably and considering the circumstances, that we are able to process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Laws on the basis that we have a legitimate business interest.
- Legitimate interest; We have a legitimate interest in processing your information as:·we both benefit from the effective management, operation and administration of our websites;·we both benefit from the provision of products, services and support and from improvements to our services;·we both benefit from updates to our websites;·we will both benefit from the ability to enforce or apply rights under any contract between us;·we are required to ensure the health and safety of our customers and the security of our stored data and have a legitimate interest in ensuring any processes relating to the same are effective and that fraud and other crimes are prevented and detected;
- Impact of processing; We consider that it is reasonable for us to process your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests outlined above as the processing of your personal data does not unreasonably intrude on your privacy.
As set out above, we will send you marketing communications where you have not told us that you wish to unsubscribe. You will also receive marketing communications from us where you have signed up, or otherwise consented, to receive marketing messages from Real Clobber Ltd.
Who Do We Share Information With?
We do not, and will not, sell any of your information to any third party, including your name, address, email address or credit card information. However, we do share your information with a number of select third parties to enable us to provide our products and services to you, to send marketing information and to improve our business operations as set out below.
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites, including companies such as Facebook and Google.
- Our trusted service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners, website hosts and other third parties who provide services to help us to tailor our marketing to you;
- We will provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
We will only share your information with third party suppliers where it is necessary for them to provide us with the services we need. We may also need to disclose personal data to third parties to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or if necessary for legal proceedings.
Where Is Your Information Stored And How Long Do We Keep It For?
Transfers outside of the European Economic Area
The information which we collect about you may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. In the event of such transfer, we will ensure the adequate standard of security is in place for example by incorporating the European Commission approved clauses into our agreements with such third parties to ensure the security of your personal data.
Retention of your personal data
- cookies are deleted in accordance with our cookies policy
- marketing consents will be refreshed/deleted after 4 years, however, our aim is only to market to you for as long as we believe you want to continue hearing from us based on how you interact with us.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we will also keep hold of some of your information, even if it is no longer needed to provide our services to you.
Security of your personal data
Transmission of information via the internet is not and cannot be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What Rights Do You Have?
In some instances, we may be unable to carry out your request, in which case we will contact you to explain why.
- You have the right to request access to your personal data; You have the right to request confirmation that your personal data is being processed, access to your personal data (through us providing a copy) and other information about how we process your personal data.
- You have the right to ask us to rectify your personal data; You have the right to request that we rectify your personal data if it is not accurate or not complete.
- You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data; You have the right to ask us to erase or delete your personal data where there is no reason for us to continue to process your personal data. This right would apply if we no longer need to use your personal data to provide products to you, where you withdraw your consent for us to send you marketing information, or where you object to the way we process your personal data (see right 6 below).
- You have the right to ask us to restrict or block the processing of your personal data; You have the right to ask us to restrict or to block the processing of your personal data that we hold about you. This right applies where you believe the personal data is not accurate, you would rather we block the processing of your personal data rather than erase your personal data, where we don’t need to use your personal data for the purpose we collected it for but you may require it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have the right to port your personal data; You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data from us to reuse for your own purposes across different services. This allows you to move personal data easily to another organisation, or to request us to do this for you.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data; You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on the basis of our legitimate business interests, unless we are able to demonstrate that, on balance, our legitimate interests override your rights or we need to continue processing your personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- You have the right not to be subject to automated decisions; You have the right to object to any automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision has a legal or significant impact on you.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent; You have the right to withdraw your consent where we are relying on it to use your personal data, for example where we are relying on your consent to send you marketing information.
We always give you the choice of whether or not you wish to receive marketing communications from us.
By contacting us you can tell us that you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us and we will update your records. You can also click on the unsubscribe link in any promotional emails.
This policy was last reviewed and updated in May 2018.