Table of Contents Show
If you experience problems with your Amazon Firestick remote, you might want to think about resetting it. You’ll learn how to reset the firestick remote from us. An ordinary TV may become intelligent thanks to the Amazon Firestick, a smart TV streaming device.
With a Firestick, you may stream video material from well-known streaming services like Amazon Prime, Netflix, YouTube, and many more. You need a strong internet connection, a Firestick connected to your TV, and the Firestick Remote to operate everything.
However, the remote may fail to connect to the Firestick at times. The remote remains unresponsive even after performing the most basic troubleshooting procedures, such as replacing the battery. To restart the Firestick remote, you must do a reset. We’ll show you how to reset the Firestick remote in this article.
The Best Way To Reset A Firestick Remote
How to reset the remote on an Amazon Firestick
- Keep holding down the Home button. Press the Menu button three times while doing so.
- Press and hold the Home button.
- Nine times press the Menu button.
- Your remote’s batteries should be removed.
- Disconnect your Fire TV, then wait a minute.
- Recharge your remote’s batteries before plugging in your Fire TV.
- Press and hold the Home button for 40 seconds after the Home screen opens.
- Wait for the setup to finish in 60 seconds.
Since this is the most basic remote model, we believe it is pretty simple to understand, How to reset the remote on an Amazon Firestick.
Voice Remote for Alexa (1st Gen)
Follow the instructions below to reset a Firestick remote if you have the first-generation Alexa Voice remote.
- After waiting a minute, unplug your Fire TV from the power source.
- Hold down the “menu” button and the left button on the navigation ring continuously for 12 seconds.
- After 12 seconds, release, wait 5 seconds, and then take out the batteries.
- Reconnect your Fire TV to the outlet and wait for the device to start.
- Press the “home” button on the Amazon Firestick TV remote after changing the batteries.
Voice Remote for Alexa (2nd Gen)
The following procedures describe how to reset an Alexa Voice Remote of the second generation:
- Turn off the power to your Amazon Fire TV stick.
- Select the back, left, and menu buttons, and press and hold them all at once for at least 10 seconds.
- Hold off for five more seconds.
- To reconnect your Fire TV, stick it to the outlet, and unplug the batteries from your Fire TV remote.
- Reinsert the batteries in the Firestick remote when your Firestick TV has finished rebooting.
- Click the “home” key.
Alexa Voice Remote for Fire TV (3rd Gen)
Follow these instructions to use the most sophisticated Fire TV remote:
- Remove the Fire TV streaming device’s plug from the socket.
- Press and hold the left, menu, and back buttons for 10 seconds.
- Remove the remote control’s batteries after five seconds of release and waiting.
- Before replacing the batteries, reconnect the Firestick and give it a moment to power up.
- Activate the “home” button.
You are good to go if the remote functions flawlessly, but if not, use the second technique listed below.
This is your only choice if you’re unlucky and the preceding strategy doesn’t work for you.
- You will need to factory reset your smartphone, just as in this approach.
- Once everything is complete, follow the instructions below to restore Firestick 4K to its regular settings:
- Stay on the Home Screen after starting up your Amazon FireTV Stick.
- Press and hold the Right navigation key and the Back button together for a short period using the remote control.
- The message “Your Fire TV Stick 4K is Powering Off” will appear on the screen.
- When that procedure is finished, the Firestick will boot, and you will be prompted to set it up.
- The following process will ask you to pair the remote after completing all the instructions on the screen.
- However, you must carefully follow this method since you will need to reinstall all of the programs.
The method I provided here is relatively easy and can be easily used even if you don’t know this device. So, even after reading the whole guide, if you still have any issues, feel free to let me know in the comment section. Also, don’t forgedon’tshare which method works for you, so other people know that this guide is helpful.